Announcement about Worship Services
May the grace of our risen Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Faith Lutheran Church will resume 9:00 and 11:00 worship services in the sanctuary beginning this Sunday, May 10th. As we do, we would like to make you aware of our preparations for worship as well as our expectations for those attending.
To begin, we recognize that some will not feel comfortable attending worship in the sanctuary yet, and appreciate that feeling. Staying home is an entirely reasonable course of action. We want those of you who do stay at home to know that you are still important to us. Therefore, our video worship services will continue to premiere on Sundays at 9:00 am on our Journey of Faith YouTube channel. All who wish to remain home will still be able to watch the videos just as in weeks past.
For those who do plan on attending worship in the sanctuary, we have prayerfully and thoughtfully set the following expectations:
Before you come to church...
- Please be aware of your temperature or of any symptoms you might have. If you have any symptoms, we ask that you refrain from attending
- If you have been exposed or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please refrain from attending
- Please be aware that older adults and persons with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes; as well as those with compromised immune systems are at higher risk from the virus, and should therefore limit their exposure. We refer you again to our Sunday worship videos.
- Please be sure to wash your hands and put on your mask before coming to church
- If you're in doubt, don’t go out!
When you arrive at church…
- Please wear a mask while you are here. If you do not have one, a limited number of masks will be available at church.
- Please maintain the State advised six (6) feet of social distancing at all times. We ask that you refrain from shaking hands, hugging, or other physical contact.
- The Foyer, Narthex and Sanctuary are the only available areas of the church building.
- Upon entering the church, please move into the sanctuary without delay and sit only in spaces marked by bulletins. This is particularly important, in helping us keep a clean and sanitized space.
- Staff and volunteers will comply with recommended state guidelines.
While you are at church…
- Do to the challenge of finding an appropriate means of distribution of Holy Communion, our services will initially be with the Liturgy of the Word. It is the intention of your Worship and Music Committee to return to regular celebration of the Eucharist as soon as we are practically able.
When you are leaving church…
- Go in peace, serve the Lord-- and please do it while maintaining social distancing!
- Pastor Paul will release the congregation by pews following worship
- If you have an offering, you may leave it in the offering plate as you exit the sanctuary
- Please do not loiter in the Narthex, but proceed directly to exit the building.
The church is being thoroughly cleaned in preparation for worship on Sunday, and the pews open for seating will alternate between services. Door handles and other common areas will be sanitized between services.
Please be aware that the church building is still closed during the week, with the exception of support staff activity and for scheduled pastoral appointments. If you would like to make an appointment with Pastor please call or email him directly.
We understand that this approach is not for everyone, and encourage you to make decisions as your own needs and conscience dictate. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact either one of us.
In Christian Service,
Rev. Paul Schultz, Pastor
Mr. William Vidonish, Council President